500 Fairgrounds Drive Castle Rock
The Subaru Elephant Rock Cycling Festival is the unofficial start to the Colorado cycling season.
You will not want to miss the excitement and camaraderie of the 30th annual pilgrimage to Castle Rock for the Rocky Mountain region’s premier cycling festival, a Rocky Mountain tradition.
Whether you’re preparing for a week long tour or charity ride, training for a summer of competitive racing, or getting the kids out for their first organized ride, the 2017 Subaru Elephant Rock has the perfect course to kick off your summer cycling season. All of the rides start and finish at the Douglas County Fair grounds in Castle Rock. After a day in the saddle, plan to stick around for Colorado’s largest Cycling Expo and Post-Ride Celebration.
Be sure to stop by the Castle Rock Chamber’s Beer Booth to purchase a cold refreshing beer!
There is a lot going on the weekend of the Subaru Elephant Rock. Here is the low down as to dates and times for you to have a great ride.
SATURDAY JUNE 3
- 7:30am – Subaru ERock Sunrise-Sunset Mountain Bike Race
- 4-8p.m. – Registration & Packet Pick Up @ Douglas County Fairgrounds
- 4-8p.m. – Camping Check-In
SUNDAY JUNE 4 (RIDE DAY)
- 5:30 a.m. – Registration & Packet Pick Up
- 5:30 – 7:30 a.m. – 100 Mile Start
- 6:00 – 8:00 a.m. – 62 Mile Start
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. – 40 & 27 Mile Start
- 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. – 8 Mile Family Start
- 10:00 a.m to 5 p.m. – Party At the Rock
- 5:00 p.m. – All Courses Close