1375 W. Plum Creek Parkway Castle Rock
Climb4Change is a unique racing event that offers various timed races on the 200-step Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park. Participants ascend 178 feet at least once in any one of the four climb challenges. There is also a non-timed fun run / walk that families can enjoy together on their own anywhere in the park. Proceeds from this event are used to provide scholarships, purchase adaptive equipment, and provide access to a wide variety of activities for adults and children with cognitive and physical disabilities.
The professionally timed events will be held from 7 to 11:15 a.m. on the Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park. The Climb4Change events are:
• Power Hour – up and down the stairs as many times as you can in 60 minutes (two times to choose from)
• ClimbNRun 5K/10K – climb the stairs, down the switchbacks and run the trail
• Trail Reps – up the stairs, down the trail and repeat for 30 minutes
• Race to the Top – one time up the stairs as fast as possible
• Run4Fun – family fun run on a 1/4-mile course (non-timed)
Registration includes a T-shirt, finisher’s medal (except Run4Fun) and prizes. Fees range from $20 to $45, depending on the course. Kids under 5 are free, but must still be registered. Head to CRgov.com/Climb4Change for more information and registration.
Early packet pickup will be available Wednesday, May 18, through Friday, May 20, during normal store hours at RNK Run & Walking, 440 Fourth St. On-site packet pickup and registration begins at 6:30 a.m. the day of the event. Power Hours begin at 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.; ClimbNRun 5K/10K begins at 8:30 a.m.; Trail Reps begin at 9 a.m.; Race to the Top begins at 11:15 a.m.; and the Run4Fun begins at 11:30 a.m.
Questions? Contact Jake Swords at 303-814-7455 or jswords@CRgov.com.