Survey results show continued satisfaction with life in Castle Rock
Community feedback is critical as the Town plans for its future. Residents may provide feedback on Town topics by attending an open house, submitting an online form or posting on social media, to name a few options.
Another important feedback mechanism is the Town’s scientific biennial community survey, for which the 2019 results are in. Some key findings:
- The survey covered 53 performance measures, and 46 of those received an above-average rating (6 or higher on a 0-10 scale)
- 50 of the measures could be compared to the 2017 survey. Five of those showed improvement, and seven decreased (38 maintained similar satisfaction levels)
- Like in 2015 and 2017, nine out of 10 residents said that the overall quality of life in Castle Rock and the quality of Town services exceed their expectations, and that Castle Rock is a better place to live than other communities
- Seven of 10 residents surveyed believe they’re getting their money’s worth for their tax dollars, which is the same number as in 2017 and is a strong rating compared to similar communities
Along with these results, which affirm that Castle Rock remains a great place to live in the community’s view, there are some areas the survey indicates need attention:
- Ratings related to the direction the Town is headed indicate continued concerns over growth; ensuring well-planned, high-quality new development should continue as an area of focus
- Another area for attention is traffic congestion and transportation. Scores in this area have improved since 2015; still, they are some of the Town’s lowest-rated performance attributes, and work in this area should continue
To reach the desired statistical confidence, the survey needed 400 responses; 588 residents responded to the survey in February and March after being randomly selected to participate. All residents were then invited to participate in a subsequent open survey.
A report containing full results from the scientific and open surveys, as well as from a survey of Town-licensed businesses, is online at CRgov.com/2019survey.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/notifyme, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock.)